insert hit counter using HTML
How to install your GoStats stats counter
Add a site
If you have not yet added any sites to your GoStats profile account do the following:
- log in to your stats account
- click on â€œadd sitesâ€
- Fill in the information for your site.
- Be sure to only block your computer from counting if you really want to. (it’s difficult to determine if your counter is working when your own hits are blocked from registering.)
- Take note of whether you want to password protect your webstat pages (at the bottom of the form) If you don’t want anyone to see your stats you should activate this option.
Get the counter code
- click on â€œmy sitesâ€
- click on â€œget codeâ€
- Select the counter style that you would like. Hint: scroll down to the bottom of the first page to see: the â€œTop 3â€ counter styles selected by people who enjoy GoStats
- Once you have finished customizing your counter, copy one of the two available code types. It is recommended to install the first type first and only revert to the second type if the first one doesn’t work for you.
Install the code
Paste your new code into the HTML source of your website page. It is highly recommended to insert the code into all pages in your site to that you can use GoStats to it’s fullest. Verify your counter code
- once you have installed your code, log into your account and click on â€œmy sitesâ€
- click on â€œverify codeâ€ for your site
- You will see a resulting message indicating if your code has been properly installed or not.