How to place a GoStats Hit Counter onto your blog
For those of you who have a WordPress blog and want to know how many people are actually viewing it, here’s the perfect thing for you.
GoStats.comÂ offers a free and easy to use hit counter, perfect for keeping track of your website stats for your blog.
All you have to do is follow these simple steps inorder to start.
- Visit GoStats.com and click on “Sign Up” located on the left side of the page below user name and password
- Fill in all the fields and click “sign up”
- When you sign up, you will be able to add your site(s)
- Click on “Add new site” and fill out the fields
- You can add as many sites as you want
- After adding your site(s), click on “Get Code” â€“ if this does not show up, then go to “My sites”, located on the left side of the page
- Under your site(s) listed are several options, click on “get code”
- You’re given four choices of counter styles (if you don’t want the counter visible, consider upgrading to GoStats Pro) there are plenty of styles and colors to choose from
- Choose one and click on it
- You will be taken to a page with the counter code.Â Copy the HTML counter code (the second code offered)
- Return to your account information in WordPress
- Click on “Presentation” and click on “Sidebar Widgets”
- Click and Drag â€œText 1â€ into your Sidebar
- Open â€œText 1â€
- Leave Title Blank and insert the GoStats HTML code
- Exit the â€œText 1â€ Box and Click on â€œSave Changesâ€
- Refresh your blog page and voilÃ your GoStats hit counter should be visible
Now you can sit back and continue blogging
Donâ€™t forget to view your stats, you can do this by accessing your GoStats account, and click on â€œmy sitesâ€ and â€œstatsâ€
If you choose to receive weekly emails from GoStats about your hits, please add email@example.com to your safe email addresses to prevent it from ending up in your Spam folder